What candle safety measures should I take?
Please ensure you follow these safety tips when lighting your candle.
- Trim your wick to 1/8" before each and every burn. This ensures the your flame does not smoke, flicker too much or rise too high.
- Your first burn should be 2-3 hours long in order to achieve full melting pool. A full melting pool prevents tunneling, which is access wax build up on the side of your vessels.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep your candle out of reach of children and pets.
- Never burn your candle near anything that can catch fire.
- Be sure that you place your candle on a stable, heat resistant surface.
- Keep lit candles away from any drafts.
- Never burn your candle all the way down. Always leave 1/2 inch of wax in the bottom of the vessel.
- Never touch or move a burning candle when the wax is liquid.
- Place burning candles at least 4 inches apart from one another.
- Never use water to extinguish our candle.